CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

X-Men: First Class ~ Cinema Sound Off

CINEMA SOUND OFF with Lynn Rush and KM Wilsher

Welcome to Cinema Sound Off. We love movies!
 
My good friend and extraordinary writer, Lynn Rush

--and me, KM Wilsher-- visit the movies and we'll be sharing our reviews with you every
second Tuesday of the month.




IMDB Synopsis: In 1962, Charles Xavier starts up a school and later a team, for humans with superhuman abilities. Among them is Erik Lensherr, his best friend... and future archenemy.

Story: A. I like the plot twists that intertwine with history. . . The Nazi experiments on prisoners, President Kennedy avoiding WW III. . . What a joyful story about Professor X and Magneto. I have a new found love for this series.

Actors: A My favorite? James McAvoy. If you saw him on the street you'd think him an average. On screen, McAvoy is delightful!

Special effects: B I loved the submarine lifted from the ocean depths. Most all the effects were believable and fun.

My three complaints regarding X-Men: First Class are:

1) The glossing over the supporting characters. I feel like there were way too many teens with super powers to develop any of them effectively.

2) Continuity of time period. The beginning of the movie felt like the 1930s-40s. When we moved to the 1960's, I didn't feel it. The planes, warships, and fashion were way too modern. It left me confused and flat.

3) Magneto. His journey from tortured child to superhero to villain was cheesy and unbelievable.

KM's rating for X-Men: First Class:


4 tickets See it and share it with a few friends:





What do you say? Have you seen it?

Now, come with me and Catch the Rush. . .at http://www.lynnrush.com/ to see what Author Lynn Rush has to say.

2 comments:

Lynn Rush said...

NICE review, KM!!! This was a fun movie for sure! Can't wait for next month!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very much for sharing the trailer. I had missed to watch it on television. Thanks a lot. Its superbly amazing series.

Watch TV Shows Online