CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

drips




My technique when writing poetry, I would like to compare it to Jackson Pollack and his drip technique of abstract painting. gzusfreek

Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.
Fran Lebowitz

Insomnia
It’s 3:00 in the morning and I’m
Wallpapering with bread bags
Watching movies upside down
Look what I just found.
It’s 4:00 in the morning and I’m
Lying on beads
Nothing too deep,
Just trying to sleep.

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell.
C. S. Lewis

The room
This place in reality did not yet exist
At night it would visit the realms of my boundless mind
I would gaze upon it somewhere between visions and consciousness
Then give in like suicide on the edge of a cliff. . .jumping, and dream
Confused in the wake of this mask, captive behind the bars
It lays there, this empty room -- cold and borderless
Apprehension snatched at my thoughts like arm
The light at the end of the tunnel –Is it You?
The resolution has to bring my revolution
Let go of the old tricks and tapes
Over and over this melody of insanity
You rescued me from Egypt, now, let Egypt leave me
"Zacchaeus," you call, “Come forth.”
And I understand. . .
I stand here in the dark holding the Key.
KMW

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE!!!

KM Wilsher said...

Thanks LR!!!!

Avily Jerome said...

Fun poems and quotes! I like them!

KM Wilsher said...

Thanks AJ!!!!

TBD said...

I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

KM Wilsher said...

Thank you, Gabby! You got some on your post? poems I mean?

Brandon Barr said...

Really nice poetry...a form of writing I'm not good at. You know, Haruah magazine publishes inspirational poems. You might try sending some of your pieces there. www.haruah.com

KM Wilsher said...

Thanks for the comments - and the heads up BB! I will check out that site.
www.haruah.com