CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Phantasmagorical Freek Friday by KM Wilsher


Hey metal/goth/alternative/hard rock fans! Phantasmagorical Freek Friday is all about musicians, groups, and songs glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ in this genre.

PFF! Have you missed it? I have. And now: SKILLET

What I like about Skillet is their eclectic variety of instruments. Of course, they stay true to the metal/alternative sound that I adore, but they add a measure of melody and stringed instruments that move my heart. Their lyrics --and what I’ve heard of their lifestyles-- are consistent with Christian values and; therefore, I am proud to support them and to recommend them to anyone I come in contact with.

There is another factor that endears me to Skillet–Lori Peters. . .the female drummer!!! As I look through Skillet media I see she’s left the band; but Jen Ledger replaced her in 2008, so there is still a female drummer! (I play -therefore I am a fan)

A youth pastor encouraged the founding members to form this band. Their name? Here is what I found on wikipedia: Coming from different styles of rock music, the two decided to name the band Skillet, since it was like "throwing it all in a Skillet, and see what you come up with". And I love what they are cookin' up!
My favorite song to date by this Jesus freak quartet is: Savior
CLICK HERE --- SAVIOR

The video is not so special. Not bad. But not sick. I have a whole very, very hot video in my head for this track. . .they haven’t asked me for it yet. :)

Upon the birth of the idea of Phantasmagorical Freek Friday, I knew I'd showcase this rockin' bunch. I've held off too long to give Skillet a gzusfreek center stage. Skillet is one of my top two fav bands.

Hope you enjoy. What is your favorite Skillet song?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That one was HARD...yeah, hard rock AND hard to watch. BUT wow, very good. My heart exploded a few times.

I've never gotten into Skillet, but these guys know how to rock, huh? :-)

Thanks for sharing.

KM Wilsher said...

Yeah, that video was disturbing. I think it was meant to hightlight the terrible issues of spousal abuse and alcoholism. A good message. . .They are hard rock in the spirit of PFF :)

Lynn, thanks for the comments!

Billy Coffey said...

Thanks for turning me on to this. I'd actually never heard of them, but now I have to gets me some!

Avily Jerome said...

I really like Skillet!!! They've got some good stuff and some powerful messages!

YOU PLAY DRUMS?!?!??!?!?

Ok, you teach me drums and I'll teach you bass guitar, deal?

Brandon Barr said...

Ha! They need to make you the director of their next music video :)

I also like Skillet. I'm fortunate to have my local Christian radio station play them quite frequently.

KM Wilsher said...

Oh, yeah! I'd luuuuv to do that! Well, tis fun to dream :)