CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Writer's Retreat Sedona, Arizona KM Wilsher


I attended my first WRITER'S RETREAT this weekend in Sedona, Arizona. Thanks to the brilliant mind and hospitality of LYNN RUSH (check out her wonderful, interactive blog) We went up Friday and came back Sunday. Our only goal to write, write, write.

Well, I finished my short story COBRA CUTLASS that I am going to send to ROGUE BLADE for their contest: Open Submissions: Demons: A Clash of Steel Anthology, shaved it down to 5950 words and **dropped my computer!** My flash drive smashed into a million peices and the computer is dead. I lost my short story and a lot of my WIP REMNANTS. Can you believe it?
Lynn wrote like 20,000 words or so. . .I'm so happy for her! The trip was great anyway. A great hike and as you can see the scenery beautiful. (The pics are of my view from every window of the house!) God is good and I feel blessed to have been a part of the weekend. I'm praying they can recover stuff from the hard drive.
What did you do this weekend?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey KM. Man, it was a GREAT WEEKEND, wasn't it? Nice weather, great company....

:-)

I'm totally bummed about your computer, but I know they will be able to recover everything!

It was such a blast.

KM Wilsher said...

Heck yeah! Sedona is such a magical looking place. I totally loved it! And I am so proud of you pumping out so many words :)

The company was great - the weekend unbelievable!!!!

Billy Coffey said...

Oh. NO!

This is exactly why I'm trying to learn how to write with pen and paper again. Just when you think you're okay with technology, The Matrix swallows you whole.

Really, really hope you can recover what you've lost.

KM Wilsher said...

The Matrix! LOL - Great word.

Just your words help the waiting and stopping here gracing me with comments. Thanks, BC.

The Writer's Retreat is a great thing, tho, and I'm looking foward to doing another sometime.

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

A writing retreat? Sounds like my kind of getaway!

Sorry to hear about your computer, though. Ouch.

KM Wilsher said...

Kat, it was magical and unbelievable! You'll have to come up and do the next one :)

Brandon Barr said...

That is some beautiful scenery! Sometimes I find it hard to read or write when I'm in beautiful places!

And like Lynnrush said, I hope you get everything recovered on your computer. My hard drive crashed once and I had to have a computer guy retrieve my stories!

KM Wilsher said...

Hey, Brandon. Yeah, the scenery was truly amazing and did keep us wanting to hike and enjoy the outdoors.

So they were able to recover your stories? I hope they can mine :)