CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER by KM Wilsher

BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER
BACK COVER BLURBS
I’m studying “back cover blurbs” and short one line synopses. The goal of this research started out egocentric really. I needed to know all I could about good summaries for back covers, because I want an outstanding back cover blurb for my work in progress.
As I thumbed through great synopses written by both published and unpublished writers, I realized I knew some pretty awesome writers. Thus the idea for this series was born. Why not share these great writers with everyone? Why not dive into conversations with the great writers I know and soak in the knowledge!

If you've read my blog more than just a couple times, you won't be surprised WHEN THE SKY FELL is up next in this 2009 summer series. I've posted a lot about this novel and the authors: MIKE LYNCH and BRANDON BARR - (click on their names to read more about them and their blogs)
Click here to read my initial review of the first two chapters.

I'm reading this book and I'm starting to get endeared to the characters and the pages are making me want to know what's going to happen next.

WTSF is pure science fiction with lots of techy stuff! There is plenty of passages that make one think of the Great God who created this earth and the skys and stars and the planets. The characters face big decisions that make them reach down and ask themselves: What kind of person am I?

Here's WTSF's great oneliner:

Since the dawn of time, an ancient evil has sought complete and unquestioned dominion over the galaxy, and they have found...us.


To order WHEN THE SKY FELL click here.

Hooked? Come back Wednesday for WHEN THE SKY FELL'S back cover!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooked? Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!! Great post, KM.

KM Wilsher said...

I'm so glad you found me!
Thanks for stoppin by!

Brandon Barr said...

:) I'm honored you're blogging on my book.

Hope your summertime writing is going well!!

KM Wilsher said...

honored to have the chance, BB. Hope yoru summertime is going well too!

Thank you!

KM Wilsher said...

Brandon ~ You know I asked permission from you and Mike?????