CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER by KM Wilsher

BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER
BACK COVER BLURBS
I’m studying “back cover blurbs” and short one line synopses. The goal of this research started out egocentric really. I needed to know all I could about good summaries for back covers, because I want an outstanding back cover blurb for my work in progress.
As I thumbed through great synopses written by both published and unpublished writers, I realized I knew some pretty awesome writers. Thus the idea for this series was born. Why not share these great writers with everyone? Why not dive into conversations with the great writers I know and soak in the knowledge!
___________________________________
I'm so excited to spotlight Kat Heckenbach. I met Kat Heckenbach through another ACFW member. A kindred spirit, Kat and I, both in Jesus Christ and in Fantasy/Science Fiction.

Kat Heckenbach is a freelance writer, homeschool mom, and magna cum laude graduate of the University of Tampa (Biology). Her short fiction ranges from light-hearted fantasy to dark and disturbing. You can enter her world and learn about her novels and other writing at www.findingangel.com and www.kat-findingangel.blogspot.com.

The recent Kat Heckenbach good news is that Christian Fiction Online Magazine published her piece EYES ON THE HILLTOP

The BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER, however, is spotlighting her premier novel FINDING ANGEL.

Below is a little teaser for FINDING ANGEL by KAT HECKENBACH.

"If magic were real—and on Toch Island it is—it would have nothing to do with (as Severus Snape says) “foolish wand-waving and silly incantations,” and everything to do with stretching the boundaries of physical laws.

But would your abilities be genetically determined?

Or…are they part of your soul?"


Intrigued? Come back tomorrow and read the "back cover blurb" for FINDING ANGEL by KAT HECKENBACH.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Sounds like a great book! Congrats on the recent publication Kat!! Whoo-Hoo!!!

KM Wilsher said...

I'm intriqued! I read a short story that she said is along the same lines as FINDING ANGEL. It looks really good :)!

Michelle Gregory said...

i sure want to know more.

Kat Heckenbach said...

Thanks, KM, for spotlighting me! I think what you're doing is so cool--building your knowledge of "hooks" and "blurbs" and supporting your fellow writers at the same time :).

Thanks for the encouraging comments, too!