CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Stardate October 27, 2008

Well, as you can see below, I posted something I’ve written! What a scary feeling.

Not quite as scary, however, as when I attended Phoenix Christian Writers Fellowship for the first time. And when my name was chosen to have my stuff read out loud in front of the group. That was scary!

The Phoenix Christian Writers Fellowship is a group of men and women who are very talented writers. They are professionals. They made me feel so welcome my first meeting -- right at home. However, as I listened to their wonderful creations read aloud, I knew mine were kindergarten scribbling in comparison. And then it was my turn to read!

I have been writing since my pre-teens, but only a few people have read anything I have written -- and 90% of them were family. Here I was in a room full of professional writers, listening to someone read something I’d written. I was mortified -- my hands on my face.

Well, as you might expect from Christians, they were kind and encouraging. They had wonderful things to say to me and suggestions on how to get better. I went home and promptly began to work --- Oh, ok, it took me three weeks to get back on the horse! Hee hee However, here I am back in the saddle. And last night at midnight the words began to flow again. The product is below. Thank you to all who love and support me (and listen to me complain!)

By the way, does anyone have opinions about posting on the internet? Is it safe? Will someone steal it? (--steal it and publish it and make lots of money? Seems unlikely, huh?) Or will it be used against me in a court of law? :-)

God bless you and have a great day!

2 comments:

Avily Jerome said...

Hey, don't worry about posting on the internet. Don't post an entire book, or no one will buy it later :) but you're probably not in great danger of being robbed.

BTW, I won't be at Phoenix Christian Writers Fellowship this week- I'm helping host a baby shower- but please go and have a great time! Tell everyone hi for me!

KM Wilsher said...

Thanks girl! I'll miss you!