CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Earthquake in Phoenix, Arizona

Aproximatly 3:50 p.m. an earthquake hit Baja California/Mexico
Felt it here in Phoenix, Arizona. My clothes were swinging in my closet, hangers clinking together.
The ground swung back and forth. Wow!

Time Magnitude Location


8 minutes ago 4.5 Baja California, Mexico Map

28 minutes ago 4.1 Northern California Map

37 minutes ago 6.9 Baja California, Mexico Map

earthquake.usgs.gov

Happy Easter! This is the best day of the year. The day we celebrate as the day Jesus walked out of the grave with the keys to death. Thank you, my Lord, my Love.

6 comments:

owo xD said...

Wow. That's scary. Is this the first earthquake you've been in?

Living in Alaska I got to experience a lot of eathquakes. There was one in particular where we were eating in a restaurant with lots of heavy decorations hanging from the ceiling, and the manager came out yelling "Get under the tables!"
That's what everyone did. It was scary, because it felt like a bumper car under there, but nobody got hurt.

He IS risen! Whooooo!!!! :D

Lori Lundquist said...

Sort of cool that the earth moved on Easter Sunday! Would have loved to experience that. :-) Glad all is well, though.

KM Wilsher said...

Chris, you've experienced lots of earthquakes? Wow. Yup, this was my first. Just a short one, but wow. . .I cracked up at "Get under the tables", but I bet it scared you to death!

He IS!

Lori, It is way cool that the earth moved today, just as it did that day he rose around 2000 years ago. . .Way cool!
Hope you had a great Easter.

LynnRush said...

Beautiful picture.

WOW, I didn't feel the earthquake and I'm only about twenty five minutes north of you. Crazy!

But I'm glad. I would have FREAKED. LOL.

Lori, you're right. It's WAY cool the earth moved on EASTER! Talk about crazy awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow! Crazy that you felt it! I hope, other than the Earthquake, that you had a happy Easter!

owo xD said...

Yeah, I was freaked out at the moment, but I can definitely see the humor in it now. :)