CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Word Wednesday ~ Wild Horses

SO I open the verse for today:


“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.”- Psalm 23:1-3

And I can hear Susan Boyle sing “Wild Horses”. It floats from the other room where my mom is listening to it.

I read the verses from the 23rd Psalm and think of the last few months where I have not really believed that the Lord is my Shepherd. I mean, He’s my Father, and my God. . .but I’ve not chosen to think of Him as my Shepherd or my friend. I have really felt like He is out there watching me, not in here between the blue canopy and the green carpet walking with me and guiding me.

Why, you ask? Because He has seemed to be so silent.

But this past week He has spoken. . .Can’t explain it. He just started to whisper. . .or I heard Him whisper. . . “Things are about to change. Take my hand.” And, true to these whispered words, change is in wind and He is no longer silent. Here is the biggest and best change of all: His voice, His comfort, His peace.

So I listen as the Wild Horses keep dragging Susan Boyle away, and I wonder why I felt so distant from him before. Are my Wild Horses: anxiety, despair, worry? I think so. I think these Wild Horses have been dragging me away for several months. In the silence, I have grasped onto to the reigns of anxiousness and sat in the saddle of depression rather than taking His hand. . .

That’s okay though, cause I just heard Him say again: “Things are about to change. Take my hand.” Forget the horses, I am going to take His hand.

8 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

Beautiful post, KM. I know how you feel. There are times when He seems so distant. And others when His presence is so strong.

KM Wilsher said...

For sure, Kat, it's "wild" sometimes. ;)

Lori Lundquist said...

Beautiful is also how I would describe this post! Thank you for sharing, KM. I"ve been praying for you! I've been in the silent place more than once, and it's hard. But oh how wonderful to hear that first whisper from our Perfect Lover letting us know change is on the way. Gives me goosebumps! Love you, sister/friend!

owo xD said...

This is great, KM. Take His hand and don't let go!! It is a struggle at times, isn't it?

Carla Gade said...

This is a beautiful description. I'm so glad you have heard his gentle whisper.

Brandon Barr said...

I was encouraged by your post KM. When God allows us to go through these times, it reminds me of so many of the men in scripture who had these times. Some of David's psalms really reflect this.

Peter Stone said...

Wonderful post, KM. So encouraging that you've heard the Lord speaking to you. I love the 23rd Psalm. In fact, it was the foundation for the blog post I wrote this past Monday. Here's the link

LynnRush said...

Fantastic! Take his hand, indeed! :-)