CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Author Bios KAT HECKENBACH

The Holiday Series
November a month of gratefulness

Author Bio Study
As I was submitting my short stories around the net, it surprised me that many places asked for an Author Bio. I mean I was just submitting short stories. Author Bio’s were for Dekker and Peretti, right? So, on the fly, I had to come up with an Author Bio. Whew?!

So this study is to get you thinking. Do you have one? What kind of things make a flashy author bio? Or should it be flashy at all?

While we study, get to know some of my favorite writers:
One major thing I am grateful for is the many talented writers in the Lord has brought into my life. I am lucky to have found the some of The King’s most faithful daughters and can now claim them as friends. So in this series I not only want to study Author Bio’s, but also showcase them.


And now, Kat Heckenbach: CLICK HERE FOR HER BLOG
Kat Heckenbach is a freelance writer, homeschool mom, and magna cum laude graduate of the University of Tampa (Biology). Her short fiction ranges from light-hearted fantasy to dark and disturbing. You can enter her world and learn about her novels and other writing at www.findingangel.com and www.kat-findingangel.blogspot.com.

CLICK HERE FOR KAT HECKENBACH'S WEBSITE
I grew up in the small town of Riverview, Florida, where I spent most of my time either drawing or sitting in my "reading tree" with my nose buried in a fantasy novel...except for the hours pretending my back yard was an enchanted forest that could only be reached through the secret passage in my closet...

I never could give up on the idea that maybe I really was magic, mistakenly placed in a world not my own...but as the years passed, and no elves or fairies carted me away...I realized I was just going to have to create the life of my fantasies.

Now I share that life with my husband and two kids. Ok, maybe "share" isn't the right word--more like live that life in my writing and try my best to be normal the rest of the time.


I graduated from the University of Tampa--Magna Cum Laude, B.S. in Biology (yep, I'm a science geek, too).

I spent several years teaching, but never in a traditional classroom--everything from Art to Algebra II (yep, I'm a math geek, too)--and now I homeschool my two kids.

My writing spans the gamut from inspirational personal essays to dark and disturbing fantasy and horror. (You didn't honestly expect me to say "romance" did you?)

____**THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF KAT'S PUBLISHED STORIES!

"The Gift"--short story in Digital Dragon
"The Artist"--short story in Mindflights
"Sparrows"--short story in Einstein's Pocket Watch
"Willing Blood"--Editor's Choice Award in The Absent Willow Review
"Eyes on the Hilltop"--short story in CFOM
"FINDING ANGEL" -- CHAPTER ONE of MY FIRST NOVEL

**CLICK HERE TO FIND THE LINKS TO KAT'S PUBLISHED STORIES (LOOK ON THE RIGHT SIDE UNDER "FIND MY WRITINGS!)

___________________________________________________
What does your Author Bio sound like? Funny? Serious?

7 comments:

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

I did the same thing in my backyard when I was growing up.

These are awesome KM!

Brandon Barr said...

Great bio. But Kat should list all her publications! That would be cool too :)

KM Wilsher said...

That is so cool. I just love that story :)
3 Kats whoo hoo!

BB, I should have. I'll have to get them - quick! She has a great bio, eh?

KM Wilsher said...

Kat Heckenbach, I think Brandon is on to something here. You should add your publications to your bio! SWEEEET!!!!

LynnRush said...

Right on, Kat. Nice one. :-)

Brandon Barr said...

After reading one of her short stories, you can definitely get the sense she's a good writer. I'm sure we'll continue to hear of many more successes down the road for her :)

Kat Heckenbach said...

Eep--I didn't get a chance to come back here and see all the great comments! Sorry--preoccupied with getting ready to move :).

Thanks, Brandon! And I do have a page on my website that lists everything I have published or scheduled. Just pining for the day that list includes a book...