CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 23, 2009

AUTHOR BIOS

The Holiday Series
November a month of gratefulness

Author Bio Study
As I was submitting my short stories around the net, it surprised me that many places asked for an Author Bio. I mean I was just submitting short stories. Author Bio’s were for Dekker and Peretti, right? So, on the fly, I had to come up with an Author Bio. Whew?!

So this study is to get you thinking. Do you have one? What kind of things make a flashy author bio? Or should it be flashy at all?

While we study, get to know some of my favorite writers:
One major thing I am grateful for is the many talented writers in the Lord has brought into my life. I am lucky to have found the some of The King’s most faithful daughters and can now claim them as friends. So in this series I not only want to study Author Bio’s, but also showcase them.

And now, my fellow CHRISTIAN WRITERS OF THE WEST member, sister in Christ, and fantasy writer, Michelle Gregory.

CLICK HERE FOR HER BLOG: BEAUTIFUL CHAOS.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE HER BOOK: ELDALA



Michelle Gregory grew up in Tucson, Arizona. From an early age she loved reading and writing. She received a Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education in 1987. In early 2005, she thought she’d like to write. By October 2005, she could hardly stand the thought of not writing, so she signed up for National Novel Writing Month, and joined hundreds of other people around the world in the attempt to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Almost two years later, she had a novel.

Michelle and her husband of twenty-two years reside in Mesa, Arizona, and enjoy raising their three children, and indulging in frequent getaways. In addition to pursuing her dream of being a writer, Michelle home schools her children.

What would you say makes a good author bio?

4 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

thanks, KM.

Nighfala said...

What makes a good bio? Hmmm. Someone asked me for one recently, and since I don't actually have any writing credits yet I told them I don't have one.

I've been told that (for querying, at least) anything that doesn't relate directly to writing doesn't count. So, as far as the writing world is concerned, I don't exist.

Yet. :o)

Anonymous said...

I like bios that are funny and give a quick picture of the author as a person.

Brandon Barr said...

Mesa Arizona...I bet you get wonderful thunderstorms!

Thanks for another bio KM :)