CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

MOVIE MONDAY

THE HOLIDAY SERIES
UNLEASH THE MAGIC
DECEMBER CHAPTER
FALL ON YOUR KNEES


For Movie Monday in the month of December, a chapter entitled: FALL ON YOUR KNEES. I am looking at great bible story movies. And of course, during the month we celebrate Jesus' birth, THE NATIVITY STORY came to mind first.

THE NATIVITY STORY
However, there are other great movies that give us a veiw into the life of Jesus:
THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST
JESUS





"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
AND didn't want to forget the following movies, that really gave me a contemporary look at these TRUE bible stories.

THE PRINCE OF EGYPT

ESTHER

Can you think of more? Did you see the movies I've listed? Did you enjoy them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Passion---we owned it for nearly two years before we could watch it. Yep, it's that intense.

Prince of Egypt---long time ago I saw that. I liked it a bunch.

The other ones I don't know.

Can't wait to sing Hapy Birthday to Jesus.

Kat Heckenbach said...

I saw The Passion in the theater when it first came out. Oh yeah, intense. Amazing. Of course I bought it, but haven't watched the actual DVD yet. My son has just gotten old enough, I think, to handle it, but we have to get my lttle girl out of the house first.

She, however, LOVES The Nativity Story and has watched it over and over. It's a beautiful movie.

Lori Lundquist said...

KM - MOVIES!!! My favorite. :-)
I've seen Passion of the Christ once, in the theatre. Have not been able to watch it since. But it's powerful, well-done, intense, amazing.
Prince of Egypt! Dan won the national promotional grand prize for that one - got to do a presentation for Jeffrey Katzenburg (neat story, that, one of these days). We LOVE that movie. Especially when the Red Sea parts. Wo. Gives me chills every time.
One Night with the King - Awesome movie. Luke Goss is hot. :-) Ha, that's not the only reason, of course. Love the story of Esther, and this is a neat version.

owo xD said...

I've seen all of those except the Passion. That one looks intense. We've owned it for awhile now, and I'm planning on seeing it this Easter.

I really, really loved One Night with the King. Esther is one of the Bible stories that always captures my imagination. I think the filmmakers did a great job with it.

Gosh... I haven't seen Prince Of Egypt in forever. lol

Brandon Barr said...

I saw the Passion, Prince of Egypt and one Night with the King--and I enjoyed all of them.

The Passion is intense! but powerful...

I haven't seen the Nativity story, but I heard it's good.