CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 21, 2009

MOVIE MONDAY

THE HOLIDAY SERIES
UNLEASH THE MAGIC
DECEMBER CHAPTER
FALL ON YOUR KNEES

We were talking about Christmas specials last week.

Remember this guy?

The Abominable Snowman, a monster that hates Christmas and feeds on reindeer, tries to chase them. The friends lose sight of the monster, and on their way they meet a prospector named Yukon Cornelius who is obsessed with finding silver and gold. The trio manages to flee to the Island of Misfit Toys, ruled by a flying lion named King Moonracer. Because they are misfits but not toys, King Moonracer allows them to spend one night on his island. The friends do, but Rudolph knows that his nose is a danger to his friends, so he leaves the island.
Later in the story they tame the abominable snowman and teach him to walk.
Remember when the group of misfit toys and Rudolph sang this song with him?


Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking out the door

You never will get where you’re going
If you never get up on your feet
Come on, there’s a good tail wind blowing
A fast walking man is hard to beat

Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking cross the floor
Put one foot in front of the other
And soon you’ll be walking out the door



I still sing this song sometimes when I think I can't go on anymore.
How about you? Got any silly ways to encourage yourself?

5 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

Do handfuls of chocolate chips count?

Seriously, I have a notebook full of encouragingment: emails I printed out, articles, pages from devotionals, comments from writers on Yahoo loops I'm in, and even a few fortunes from fortune cookies. I know that doesn't count as "silly" but it keeps me going!

owo xD said...

I think that's from Santa Clause is coming to Town, but I really do like that one. Brings back memories just thinking about it.

Lori Lundquist said...

KM - I don't recall ever watching this movie! Wow. fun to read about it, though. most movies encourage me somehow... like Dori singing in Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming..." :-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT SNOWMAN!!!! LOL.

Ahhhh, brings back fun memories

Renee Pellegrino said...

I have one song I listen to when I need encouragement, "Everyone wants to Rule the World" By Tears For Fears.

There have been times that I would be at my lowest point and somehow that song would come on the radio. So I always say that song gave me courage.