CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 15, 2010

MOVIE MONDAY Life on Mars

LIFE ON MARS
(R - I don't know how they allowed some of these scenes on television)


Episodes begin with this monologue:
My name is Sam Tyler. I had an accident and I woke up in 1973. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home.

Life on Mars was an original BBC Series remade for American TV. This fun show is a fresh mix of '70's police show and Science Fiction. Sam Tyler woke up in the past and has a spot at New York's 125 as a police detective. America is in its civil rights infancy and facing racism and prejudices against women. Sexual harassment runs wild and crime technology is basically nonexistent. Lots of classic '70's music in this series.

I have to admit there are some episodes that I do not recommend, especially the episode called: Coffee, tea, or Annie. Skip that one. The rest of the episodes are a fun ride; New York crimes, the mystery of Sam Tyler's past, future and why/how did he leave 2008 and end up in the year 1973? It will keep you hanging on to the very end to solve the case of: Life on Mars.

That '70's Show meets NCIS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never seen this. Sounds interesting. I'd flip out if I landed in 1973. LOL.

OMG, I LOVE That 70s Show...that's hysterical.

owo xD said...

Hmm. That's a neat premise. Thanks for the warning, too.

(I think I fixed the problem with your posts not showing up on my dashboard. This one did.)

Peter Stone said...

Never heard of that one, and I've heard of most. Just checked it out on Wikipedia, conclusion and all. Interesting concepts there.

Unknown said...

Love to Watch Life on Mars TV Show online. Its good show with great music and excellent storyline. I like it very much. Its my favorite show.