CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

MOVIE MONDAY

SURROGATES 2009
Set in the future, most humans are living a virtual life through robots. They lay in a bed and hook up to a machine to live their lives through a human looking robot.
Someone is killing the virtual humans, and has found a way to kill the human behind it. A policeman, Tom Greer, must leave his home for the first time in years and investigate this crime in person.

Okay, I love Bruce Willis, the DIE HARD series and THE FIFTH ELEMENT. However, this movie is a big three thumbs down. Four thumbs? It was slow, the story is boring and cliche', the robots gave me the creeps. . . that's all I have to say.

My opinion of Bruce Willis hasn't changed. His acting kept we watching and made me finish the movie.

Have you seen this movie? What did you think?

8 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

it was a little weird and it wasn't Bruce's best movie, but i liked the storyline. talk about a metaphor for life --- we all hide behind our masks, afraid to show our true selves, when in reality, we're all flawed. i was glad all the surrogates were shut down so people had to come out of their homes and live real lives instead of hiding.

Hilarey said...

I haven't seen it but the last thing I have patience for is a cliche, boring movie.
Thanks for the review.

Kat Heckenbach said...

Bummer. Bruce Willis is one of my favorites. But I'll skip this movie most likely.

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

Three thumbs down. Wow. Ouch. That is a bummer. It would be very hard to change my opinion of Bruce Willis. While he has played some bonehead parts, his talent is top notch.

I could watch the Die Hard movies a million times and never get tired of him.

Anonymous said...

OH wow, I wanted to see this bigtime, so it sucks, huh? Crud.

I LOVE Die Hard...especially this last one he just did. LOVED it. :-)

Thanks for the review, KM

Peter Stone said...

I haven't seen this one yet, but have been planning too.
The premise for the movie is very similar to another film I've seen, where people downloaded themselves into other people (ie, they swapped) or surrogates when going on long trips. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it though.

Lori Lundquist said...

I didn't like this one so much, either. I mean, it was fine, but not great or even good. Forgettable, really. I can see the metaphors, but they're similar to Wall-E and I didn't enjoy that one either. :-) Hate it when a story line has potential but fails to deliver.

Brandon Barr said...

Haven't seen this film. But thanks for the warning :)