CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Movie Monday



AND THE OSCAR GOES TO. . .

I didn't catch the entire thing, but even though I tuned in late, I think I caught all of this. I know it is Hollywood honoring themselves, but I like movies. . .

The winners were:
Best Animation: Up . . .I didn't think I would like this movie, but I did. You have to see UP!
Original Screenplay Winner: Hurt Locker. . .this really dominated the night.
Adapted Screenplay: Precious: Based on the Novel “Push” by Sapphire

Best Makeup: Star Trek. . .at least it was mentioned last night. Man, I loved this movie.
Supporting Actor Winner: Christoph Waltz for Inglorious Basterds
Supporting Actress Winner: Mo’Nique for Precious
Set Decoration: Avatar
Costumes Winner: The Young Victoria. . .I have to see this.


Best Sound Editing: Hurt Locker. . .my friend Lori said this was good. Gotta see it now.
Best Sound Mixingr: Hurt Locker

Cinematographer Winner: Avatar

Best Original Score: Up!. . .Nice. Well deserved.

Best Visual Effects: Avatar. . .no surprise. Truly deserved.

Best Film Editing: Hurt Locker

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges for Crazy Heart

Best Actress: Sandra Bullock. . .I was so pulling for her! But the others she was up against were great too.
Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow for Hurt Locker. . .first woman to win ever. (Barbra Striesand handed it to her, how surreal! And she was up against her exhusband. Kathryn was gracious)

And. . .
Best Picture Winner: The Hurt Locker. . .Wow. Didn't see that coming :0)
___________________________________
My awards:
Best dress:
Demi Moore. . .(and she wins Best shoes too!)

Awkward moment:
Sean Penn's delivery. . . what was he talking about?

Sweetest moment:
James Taylor's song. . .man his voice hasn't aged a bit.

Most elegant and eloquent:
Taylor Lautner

Best speech:
Sandra Bullock. . .she seems so humbled by her success and the fact that she has found such love.

Best speech Honorable mention:
Katherine Bigelow. . .she really tried to show that her film not only about soldiers but for them.
(How great to beat your exhusband out in this catagaory, the year he puts out Avatar, the monumentous of films to date)
Michelle Pfieffer. . .as she introduced Jeff Bridges nomination.

Funniest speech:
Tim Robbins when he introduced Morgan Freeman as a nominee.

Surprise?
Forest Whitaker looks lean, but not very well.

__________________________
Movies I have to see after watching the Acadamy Awards:
The Hurt Locker
The Secret of Kells
The Blind Side
Invictus
Crazy Heart
___________________

Did you watch? Tell me your thoughts :0)

4 comments:

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

I didn't watch, but I was upset when I heard Farrah Fawcett was snubbed and Michael Jackson wasn't in the In Memorium.

Michael Jackson? Did he ever act?

I have yet to see The Hurt Locker, The Blind Side and Crazy Heart.

Looking forward to them. (They don't let me out much.)

Anonymous said...

Man, Sandra Bullock was CLASSY wasn't she? She's awesome.

I soooo need to see The Blind Side. Can't believe I haven't yet. . . Hurry up DVD sales. . . . :-)

Nice post. I'd have to say Best Dressed was Sandra Bullock, though. :-)

Kat Heckenbach said...

I didn't see it. I'm so behind the times on movies it's not even funny!

But I love the make-over you gave to your blog :).

Lori Lundquist said...

Best shoes... didn't think of that category, and I totally agree with your pick! :-)
But I agree with Lynn, Sandra best dressed. Yes, I LOVED her speech. And Jesse's eyes all teared-up. So sweet.
Tim Robbins' intro of Morgan WAS great! I forgot about that. I lol'ed.
Let me know if you see any of those "wanna see" films. Looking forward to your take.
Have a great week!