CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

COBRA CUTLASS on BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER by KM Wilsher

BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER
BACK COVER BLURBS
I’m studying “back cover blurbs” and short one line synopses. The goal of this research started out egocentric really. I needed to know all I could about good summaries for back covers, because I want an outstanding back cover blurb for my work in progress.
As I thumbed through great synopses written by both published and unpublished writers, I realized I knew some pretty awesome writers. Thus the idea for this series was born. Why not share these great writers with everyone? Why not dive into conversations with the great writers I know and soak in the knowledge!

This week I decided to share my own. I wrote a short story, COBRA CUTLASS, and am now turning it into a novel. As I write this post, I'm in Sedona AZ with other fellow writers working on it.

So here is my one-liner for COBRA CUTLASS


Evil stalks with iron jaws, the time for J.R. to find her purpose is now.





Hooked? Come visit me tomorrow for the "back cover blurb"

12 comments:

Kat Heckenbach said...

You know I am! I read this short story and it's perfect for expanding into a novel! I can't wait to read it as such :).

KM Wilsher said...

Thanks Kat!
It sure is different as a novel.
Fun! How's your queries going?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Diggin' that!
Whoo-Hoo. The picture is amazing too!

Love it.

KM Wilsher said...

:) thkx Lynn!

I love the pic too ;p

thanks for coming over!

Michelle Gregory said...

looking forward to reading the newest version. btw, i just found that pic in my search for fantasy warrior women. are we searching in the same places??

KM Wilsher said...

Michelle,
Probably.
Actually this pic came up under female knights. . .You know, JR of the Roans is a female knight :)
Thanks for stopin by!

Ban said...

I most certainly will ! thanks for the heads-up ;)

KM Wilsher said...

thx for comin over, ban! ;)

Billy Coffey said...

That is a GREAT one-liner, KM. Well done!

KM Wilsher said...

Thx Billy Coffey!!!!
Loving the stuff going over at "What I learned today

You are awesome.
Thanks for stoppin by!

Brandon Barr said...

That's awesome your expanding the short into a novel :)

And I like the one sentence hook. I also like the name JR for a girl...in my mind, it automatically makes her a strong female character.

KM Wilsher said...

Brandon, Somehow I missed this comment :)
{{smile}} Thanks!
In the spring you sent out a "challenge" to send in a short story to Rogue Blade, remember?
That is when COBRA CUTLASS was born:)
I didn't expect to like JR so much! And I didn't expect a sword and sorcerer story to feel so "natural" if you will.
Thanks for the challenge LOL