CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 24, 2010

LOST

LOST, THE FINAL HOURS. . .
=======================
I think Kirk and McCoy were speaking of LOST the television series in Star Trek II when they said:

McCoy : "Where are we going?"
Kirk : "Where they went."
McCoy: "What if they went nowhere?"
Kirk: "Then this will be your big chance to get away from it all."


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was totally let down. Lost dragged me from Island to Island, from future to past to present to future again. They dragged Kate from Jack to Sawyer, and John Locke from good guy to bad guy. . . I think I'd been happier if it was all a bad dream Jack had after taking all those pills.

I mean, what about Echo? Whitmore? Richard? Miles and the Captian? Michael? Walt?

Where did Benjamin Linus 'stay'?

And tell me. Did the crash really happen and they wandered around in the some kind of psycho purgatory? Or did it all happen and they died on the island? I mean it all HAD to have happened otherwise they wouldn't have known one another.

So who is watching the island now?

No, a couple of my friends left the island (abandoned LOST tv) Sometime in Season 4. I sure wish I'd gone with them. . .

Okay, after a few minutes to think, this is a character driven story. I loved these characters and that is why I Netflixed the series every year. I was invested in them. They were a part of me. . .so not a total loss.
What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never seen an episode.
Bummer about the finale being so lame.
:-(

Lori Lundquist said...

:-) I enjoyed Lost from the start. I didn't pretend to know everything about it, or the meanings behind everything, but I liked drawing faith analogies, and I was invested in the characters. Those two reasons are the exact reasons I loved and hated the finale. The characters were brought back to each other through love relationships, and I thought many of those reunions were very sweet. The last fifteen minutes is what disappointed me, although I agree with all your questions you mentioned, I was wondering the same things. But the last 15 min. crossed the line between fuzzy ambiguity into making a statement of "faith" by implying that all roads of faith are equal and get you to this bright light, family reunion, happy day kind of ending. I know this was never meant to be a "Christian" show, but it hurts my heart to think of all of those fans out there so invested in this series who are now left with a rosy but false idea about Faith.

owo xD said...

I gave up on it during the first season. LOL

Did they ever explain that random polar bear thing? I saw that and it totally confused me...