CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Terminator: Salvation #2, Monday at the Movies, BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER by KM Wilsher

BLOG DAYS OF SUMMER
MONDAY at the MOVIES
-Count them down with KM Wilsher
NUMBER TWO MOVIE OF SUMMER 2009
TERMINATOR: SALVATION

Terminator 2: Judgment Day is one of my favorite movies. Probably in the top ten movies of all time for me. Terminator: Salvation will not replace Judgment Day, but then it almost could -- it’s that good.

SALVATION takes place post-apocalyptic devastation. Nice. If you are familiar with the Terminator series pre-Terminator: Salvation, you know that until now, John Connor has been trying to keep the apocalypse at bay. Terminator: Salvation does not drudge through the event. We just enter a world where The Resistance is hanging on by a thread -- ever fighting Skynet, the evil corporation that created the Terminator (robot army) in order to bring the human race to its knees.

I had my doubts about Christian Bale trying to fill John Connor’s shoes. He made a good Batman, but Resistance fighter? I shouldn’t have doubted. Buy me a poster, and sign me up for Bale. (My mom loves this guy. Did you know he was in the musical: Newsies?)

There is a great twist that I will be vague about on purpose. Any premature unveiling may steal some of the “science fiction romance” from your viewing pleasure. But this twist, as with all the Terminator movies, provokes dreams of redemption. And the question: What would I do?

I have to watch this again – conversation from my fellow movie watchers ruined some of my experience – but I loved this movie. Awesome, heart-pounding soundtrack. Believable, high-voltage action scenes. And of course, in typical Terminator fashion, a feast of Judgment Day/apocalyptic, speculative elements, that will leave you salivating for the next one.

11 comments:

Ban said...

can't believe I haven't seen this yet ...

KM Wilsher said...

oh :) its a good one, Ban! gotta see this one, even if its on video!

Kat Heckenbach said...

I so need to see this! I've been a Terminator fan for so long...loved T1 and T2, but not T3...but I heard this one is back on track. Gotta, gotta see it!!

KM Wilsher said...

For sure, Kat! This one is back on track :) Gotta see this on ;p

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll watch it again with you. I loved this movie. Loved loved loved it. :-)

Kat H--yeah, T3 wasn't my fav, but this one will make up for it, bigtime. ;-)

KM Wilsher said...

Lynn~that sounds greeeaaat! :O) We could eat some malted milk balls-watch it on the flat screen. hee hee.

I loved T2. . .gotta watch T1 agian too. . .been a long time!

Billy Coffey said...

I gotta see this one, too. I grew up with Arnold.

Kathryn Hupp-Harris said...

It's hard to believe anything could be as good as T2. I might have to go check this one out.

Hmmm...your reputation as a critic is on the line now. :-)

KM Wilsher said...

uh-oh Kat :) Just remember I said "almost" LOL. . .I don't think it totally replaces T2, but it's up there!

:)

KM Wilsher said...

Hey Billy. Nice to see you! Looks like we all ought to grab the family's and head to the theater to see this! wahoo :0)

Peter R Stone said...

I haven't seen Terminator Salvation yet. Missed it in the cinemas and not on DVD yet. Heard some bad reviews and some good ones, but you've convinced me, I'll see it.
Loved T1 and T2, and thought the Sarah Connor two series were mostly pretty good, especially the last two episodes of season 2. Shame they cancelled it.